I am so drained, both physically and mentally. I think I'm going to have a mental breakdown soon. Can u imagine the kind of stress I'm under? When I'm at work, I worry about how my grannie's coping alone at home, whether my mom has given her food, if she's feeling okie? And then I've got to rush home after work to give her dinner and clear up her things before I can settle down to do my own things and have my dinner. Most days, I can't even leave work on time and I get so worried that Grannie will be hungry waiting for me. Sigh, I can't ake this anymore. My parents refuse to hire a maid, simply because they do not fancy the idea of having a stranger around the house, but why do they have to take me for granted? Everyone's pushing the responsibility of looking after my grannie onto my shoulders and I'm really really tired. I love my grannie alot, but I really can't handle so many things at a time. I just need someone to help me make sure that she's being taken care of during the daytime and that I know someone will be able to take care of her should I not be able to make it home for dinner and when I'm abroad. Can u also imagine how lonely my grannie is during the day because there's no one to talk to her? She can only watch TV or do some sewing or take a nap. If my grannie does not have difficulty walking around, she wouldn't even fancy staying at one place for long, she'll be moving from one place to another visiting all her grandchildren (who can't even take the time or effort to come visit her now!). Everyone really can't be depending on me all the time. I also need to have a life and I also need to go out. But it seems like I won't be able to do all this for a long time. Damn them!
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Chapter 15 ~ Drained
I am so drained, both physically and mentally. I think I'm going to have a mental breakdown soon. Can u imagine the kind of stress I'm under? When I'm at work, I worry about how my grannie's coping alone at home, whether my mom has given her food, if she's feeling okie? And then I've got to rush home after work to give her dinner and clear up her things before I can settle down to do my own things and have my dinner. Most days, I can't even leave work on time and I get so worried that Grannie will be hungry waiting for me. Sigh, I can't ake this anymore. My parents refuse to hire a maid, simply because they do not fancy the idea of having a stranger around the house, but why do they have to take me for granted? Everyone's pushing the responsibility of looking after my grannie onto my shoulders and I'm really really tired. I love my grannie alot, but I really can't handle so many things at a time. I just need someone to help me make sure that she's being taken care of during the daytime and that I know someone will be able to take care of her should I not be able to make it home for dinner and when I'm abroad. Can u also imagine how lonely my grannie is during the day because there's no one to talk to her? She can only watch TV or do some sewing or take a nap. If my grannie does not have difficulty walking around, she wouldn't even fancy staying at one place for long, she'll be moving from one place to another visiting all her grandchildren (who can't even take the time or effort to come visit her now!). Everyone really can't be depending on me all the time. I also need to have a life and I also need to go out. But it seems like I won't be able to do all this for a long time. Damn them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment