What I posted in Les Dames :
OMG! I finally found people who are int he almost exact same situation as me! I can totally understand how you feel angelived and ablazegal
My grandma took care of my brothers and I when we were young, but I was the first to go to stay with my parents whereas my brothers stayed with her till they were in their teens.
My grandma came over to stay with us when my brothers shifted back home and all along my mom and my grandma were unable to get along. Just like in angelived's situation, my mom will do things to show her dislike infront of my grandma, but when people are around, she'll act nice. Of course I'm in no position to comment much because who knows what had happened to them before right? But it greatly saddens me to see my grandma being treated like that.
When my grandma was still able to walk, she would be moving from 1 uncle's house to another so that she gets to see her all grandchild. But now because her legs has some problem, thus she's unable to walk much and thus she can only stay at home which I know saddens her very much.
Few years back, she shifted to stay with my brother when he got married and got his own house, but due to some problems my brother had, she shifted back to my place after 2 years.
Now the duty of looking after her has fallen on my shoulders and sometimes I just feel that I cannot take it anymore.
Every morning, I've to bring her to wash up and clear her toilet and everyday after work, I've to rush home to prepare her dinner and medicine. I dun resent looking after her, but sometimes I wish I can get help. I can't go away for holidays, as no one would do the things I do (not even my dad and definitely not my mom). I do love my grandma and sometimes I just hate myself when I actually flare up at her.. sigh
Sorry for the long post.


No comments:
Post a Comment