It's been more than 2 weeks since my brother left for Hong Kong. I have not really blogged about my feelings because I guess I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Thinking back to the scene at the airport still bring tears to my eyes.
That day, my brother made a trip back home on his way to the airport to bid goodbye to my grandma and he brought along Theresa's niece and nephews. Since already so many people, obviously no space for my parents and I to get his car right? No choice, we have to take bus ourselves. Anyway, we arranged to meet at Swenson for some ice cream first.
Upon reaching there, I can see Theresa's whole family there, with no extra seats for my parents and I. We have to drag some chairs over to squeeze can or not! TMD I was keeping to myself and observing everyone and it really pains me to see my brother getting along so well with that side of the family. I mean, yes I should be glad, but actually it hurts and pains me deeply. My brother and his wife only comes back to our place say maybe once a month. But I think they go back to her place very very frequently. That's why he gets along with her family very well. You can't imagine how left out I felt. It's as if we were intruding into their family gathering. I was like nearly tearing a few times. Yes, you might say I'm silly, but I guess you got to be in my shoes to fully understand. I felt as if I've lost a brother. Dun get me wrong, I love my brother deeply, but I just wish our family were closer.
So anyway, I kept controlling my eyes while walking towards the departure gate. I felt so silly! His wife isn't even crying, so why is his sister crying?? OMG.. Anyway, reached departure gate and he had to go in already. Hugged his wife and MY BROTHER ACTUALLY GAVE ME A BIG HUG TOO! I dun remember my brother actually hugging me before in my 29 years of life... I'll remember that moment forever.
I miss my brother.. Hopefully I'm able to save enough to visit him in Hong Kong soon ...


No comments:
Post a Comment