Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Chapter 238 ~ Life is so unpredictable


We met each other for the 1st time the day I turned 18 and can officially smoke and drink and party. It was in the then happening Fire Disco. He was Grace's and Penny's friend. Skinny guy who was a little bit of an ah beng. I was like drinking and smoking like nobody's business that night, cos finally I have reached the legal age! Drank all sorts of nonsense drinks and before long, I was like gone. Drifting in and out of consciousness, I somehow remembered being close to him, him hugging me, us kissing. I remembered leaving Fire and sitting at the carpark with the rest and thinking to myself that I dun wanna go home, cos I still wanna spend more time with him. But of course, my in-the-right-frame-of-mind friends would not hear of such nonsense and dragged me home. Next morning when I woke up with this terrible hangover, I was still thinking about him. Wondering how I was going to get in touch with him as we didn't even exchange numbers. Next min the phone rang, it was him! Grace and Penny had called him from my house the day before and he still had my number, so he called me up! Mmmm .. this happened like 12 years ago and I seriously cannot remember all the details or what we spoke about or whether we arranged a next date.

The 2nd (I think) time we met was when I accompanied him to TTSH for his medical checkup. We were like a couple, held hands and all that. I think Grace was also admitted to same hospital and we went to visit her. But in front of others, we pretended that there's nothing going on. I remember smoking in the toilet with Grace and she asked me if we were together or something, or if I like him or something, but for the life of me, I can't recall what I said. I think she asked me that was because he asked her to patch back (they used to date each other last time) and she wanted to be sure that we had nothing going on before she agree. I think pride or something stopped me from telling the truth that I did like him and I dun wan them to patch back. But the other voice said otherwise. Hence, I can only watch as the 2 of them become lovey dovey infront of me.

At that period of time, I was staying at Grace house constantly as we had same tuition sessions and it was near her place, so it was so heartbreaking to hear her talking about them. Anyway, it took some time before I finally accepted the fact that we can only be friends cos his heart had only place for Grace and none for me.

Well, as the years passed and we all grew up and apart, we started to have less contacts with each other.

Few years back, we met each other at Grace's wedding (no, they didn't get married to each other la), he's still the same skinny fella. We didn't talk much, I guess I was pai say and moreover Penny was there, made me dun wanna talk much.

Just 3 months back, I went Budget Terminal to look look and have dinner and who knows I met him. He was going on a diving trip with some friends and we spoke a little. Before he left, he actually patted my head. It was a nice brotherly feeling.

Grace smsed me today and said he just passed away yesterday due to lung infection. I'm in shock. Life is really unpredictable and you never know when things will happen. We're going for his funeral tomorrow. Sigh ..

No comments:

Post a Comment