It has been a very very crazy 2 weeks. Last week was spent rushing on the drawings. Thank goodness Edna has been very patient with me in teaching me all the basics and asking me out to do the drawings. Thanks dear, I'll remember what you said and encouraged me. I do appreciate and will work hard.
Saturday morning was shocked when Fann called and said that Ah Ma pulled out her tube. I was like shocked and lost. Called the Home Nursing number, but nobody picked up the phone. Called the polyclinic also no one picked up. Then called CGH and they said can bring to A&E. Then I faster took cab home. But Fann had to go hand up her project, hence I was alone. I was at first a little frustrated as 1st feeding was at about 7.30, so that means Rokah discovered the tube was about at that time, but didn't alert Fann or myself. Why wait till about nearly 12 then say? Then I asked her and she said she told my mom. I was like "Why you tell her? Next time dun need to tell her, just tell me or Fann" Then we rushed to CGH and luckily didn't have to wait long. But it was such a rush against time cos they didn't have the 3-month tube inside A&E, which means I had to buy from pharmacy. But the pharmacy at A&E was closed already and they didn't know if the inpatient pharmacy at the next block was still open. Due to the stupid babi flu, the blocks can't be linked and hence I had to run outside to get there in like 5 mins. Thank goodness, the pharmacy was still open and I managed to get the tube on time. Cost me $20. Then I was asking Ah Ma why she wanna pull the tube, then now have to suffer of putting the tube back in again. I told her nicely not to pull it out again. She nodded her head and I felt a little assured as she seemed more alert.
Sunday morning received call from Fann at 7am. Tube pulled out again. Haiz. I really dunno what to do. Called up CGH again and they said pharmacy is closed, but inpatient pharmacy open from 10am till 1pm. Hence told Fann I'll meet them at A&E about 10 and I'll go buy the tube first. Felt really frustrated as the tought of having to put the tube in again and the pain and suffering she had to go through again and also the cost. Yesterday the hospital visit already cost me $75, so if go again another $75? Anyway, reached there and I rushed to buy the tube then went A&E to look for them. Stupid babi flu so which means only 1 visitor with 1 patient allowed in. Hence I bluffed that I am a patient and bluffed my way in. Tube inserted again, more shoutings from Ah Ma again. Then I asked her again why she had to oull the tube out when she already promised me that she's not going to do that yesterday. She said she dunno how the tube came out. Sigh. Thank goodness we were only charged $12 for the x-ray and procedures this time. At night again I had to rush home when she started to scratch and scratch and refused to sleep. Banaged up her hands to look like boxing glove as what they did in hospital, but the moment our backs were turned, she started to try and undo the bandages. Tried to tie her hands together to prevent her from scratching and undoing, she started to plead and say dun tie her up and spent the whole night just trying and trying to untie. 1am and still like this. She seemed to be really itching very very badly and after much discussions, we just decided to bring her to A&E again. Can you imagine? Within a span of 2 days, we went A&E 3 times. Tried to bluff our way in again by saying I'm a patient and I think the nurses like recognise us this time, hence we had to like keep play hide and seek. See the doctor and she said skin is very very dry hence will cause it to itch. She insisted that it's not becos of allergy or anything, just very very dry skin. Gave us some medicine and creams and also flu tablet to help with the sleeping. $75 gone again. Went home and bandaged up her hands again, but I guess this time she was really very tired, hence managed to fall alseep quite fast. Also switched on the air-con so that it would help to make her cooler and perhaps aid in the itchiness.
Things were still going ok on Monday till night again. Thought it would be safe to go out and chill with the rest at Xin Wang after cooking dinner at home. Who knows, Fann messaged and said she kicked up a scene when tried to bandage her hands again. Haiz. It's like everytime I just try to have a little break, something sure happen. Seems like I just can't go out. Faster went home, and peeped in, thank goodness she sleep.
Today during the 11am feeding, she making noise again. Dun wanna sit down, keep wanna lie down. Talked to her nicely, won't listen. No choice, just ignore what she's saying and just refused to let her lie down. After finish the milk, told Rokah, we'll bring her down to have a haircut since she refused to sit and wait half an hour. Finished hair and back home then let her lie down, but Ah Ma complained of tummyache, so tried to rub ruyi oil before she finally fell asleep. Dunno later pm feeding will have what trouble again. I know can't let her sleep too much during the day or else at night she will be very alert, but what else can we do? She refuse to sit or watch TV. Talk to her also no use. So I told Rokah, maybe after 11am feeding, just bring her downstair to stroll for half an hour also good.
Ah Ma, I really dunno what to do. I feel like I am going crazy soon. I feel that perhaps it's better if I die first. Cos I talk to you nicely, you dun wanna listen. I dunno how else to help you. Do you want me to sit the whole night with you and watch you and make sure you dun pull out your tube or untie your bandages? Do you think I really wanna bandage your hands up? You feel miserable, I also feel miserable. I see you suffer, my heart also damn pain you know? But I'm just so so tired. Everytime I step out of the house, I get so paranoid each time the phone rings cos I dunno what happen to you again. I have no appetite to eat at all and I can't get to sleep at night. Most nights I just cry myself to sleep and get so paranoid with each sound I hear. I dun wanna behave like this also. I need help. I will surf the forum to gain more information and help on how I can look after you better. Please bear with me in the meantime. All I am asking for is just your co-operation. I know you dun wanna behave like this either and that you are just feeling very uncomfortable with everything. Let us overcome this together ok? Please get better Ah Ma.
Saturday morning was shocked when Fann called and said that Ah Ma pulled out her tube. I was like shocked and lost. Called the Home Nursing number, but nobody picked up the phone. Called the polyclinic also no one picked up. Then called CGH and they said can bring to A&E. Then I faster took cab home. But Fann had to go hand up her project, hence I was alone. I was at first a little frustrated as 1st feeding was at about 7.30, so that means Rokah discovered the tube was about at that time, but didn't alert Fann or myself. Why wait till about nearly 12 then say? Then I asked her and she said she told my mom. I was like "Why you tell her? Next time dun need to tell her, just tell me or Fann" Then we rushed to CGH and luckily didn't have to wait long. But it was such a rush against time cos they didn't have the 3-month tube inside A&E, which means I had to buy from pharmacy. But the pharmacy at A&E was closed already and they didn't know if the inpatient pharmacy at the next block was still open. Due to the stupid babi flu, the blocks can't be linked and hence I had to run outside to get there in like 5 mins. Thank goodness, the pharmacy was still open and I managed to get the tube on time. Cost me $20. Then I was asking Ah Ma why she wanna pull the tube, then now have to suffer of putting the tube back in again. I told her nicely not to pull it out again. She nodded her head and I felt a little assured as she seemed more alert.
Sunday morning received call from Fann at 7am. Tube pulled out again. Haiz. I really dunno what to do. Called up CGH again and they said pharmacy is closed, but inpatient pharmacy open from 10am till 1pm. Hence told Fann I'll meet them at A&E about 10 and I'll go buy the tube first. Felt really frustrated as the tought of having to put the tube in again and the pain and suffering she had to go through again and also the cost. Yesterday the hospital visit already cost me $75, so if go again another $75? Anyway, reached there and I rushed to buy the tube then went A&E to look for them. Stupid babi flu so which means only 1 visitor with 1 patient allowed in. Hence I bluffed that I am a patient and bluffed my way in. Tube inserted again, more shoutings from Ah Ma again. Then I asked her again why she had to oull the tube out when she already promised me that she's not going to do that yesterday. She said she dunno how the tube came out. Sigh. Thank goodness we were only charged $12 for the x-ray and procedures this time. At night again I had to rush home when she started to scratch and scratch and refused to sleep. Banaged up her hands to look like boxing glove as what they did in hospital, but the moment our backs were turned, she started to try and undo the bandages. Tried to tie her hands together to prevent her from scratching and undoing, she started to plead and say dun tie her up and spent the whole night just trying and trying to untie. 1am and still like this. She seemed to be really itching very very badly and after much discussions, we just decided to bring her to A&E again. Can you imagine? Within a span of 2 days, we went A&E 3 times. Tried to bluff our way in again by saying I'm a patient and I think the nurses like recognise us this time, hence we had to like keep play hide and seek. See the doctor and she said skin is very very dry hence will cause it to itch. She insisted that it's not becos of allergy or anything, just very very dry skin. Gave us some medicine and creams and also flu tablet to help with the sleeping. $75 gone again. Went home and bandaged up her hands again, but I guess this time she was really very tired, hence managed to fall alseep quite fast. Also switched on the air-con so that it would help to make her cooler and perhaps aid in the itchiness.
Things were still going ok on Monday till night again. Thought it would be safe to go out and chill with the rest at Xin Wang after cooking dinner at home. Who knows, Fann messaged and said she kicked up a scene when tried to bandage her hands again. Haiz. It's like everytime I just try to have a little break, something sure happen. Seems like I just can't go out. Faster went home, and peeped in, thank goodness she sleep.
Today during the 11am feeding, she making noise again. Dun wanna sit down, keep wanna lie down. Talked to her nicely, won't listen. No choice, just ignore what she's saying and just refused to let her lie down. After finish the milk, told Rokah, we'll bring her down to have a haircut since she refused to sit and wait half an hour. Finished hair and back home then let her lie down, but Ah Ma complained of tummyache, so tried to rub ruyi oil before she finally fell asleep. Dunno later pm feeding will have what trouble again. I know can't let her sleep too much during the day or else at night she will be very alert, but what else can we do? She refuse to sit or watch TV. Talk to her also no use. So I told Rokah, maybe after 11am feeding, just bring her downstair to stroll for half an hour also good.
Ah Ma, I really dunno what to do. I feel like I am going crazy soon. I feel that perhaps it's better if I die first. Cos I talk to you nicely, you dun wanna listen. I dunno how else to help you. Do you want me to sit the whole night with you and watch you and make sure you dun pull out your tube or untie your bandages? Do you think I really wanna bandage your hands up? You feel miserable, I also feel miserable. I see you suffer, my heart also damn pain you know? But I'm just so so tired. Everytime I step out of the house, I get so paranoid each time the phone rings cos I dunno what happen to you again. I have no appetite to eat at all and I can't get to sleep at night. Most nights I just cry myself to sleep and get so paranoid with each sound I hear. I dun wanna behave like this also. I need help. I will surf the forum to gain more information and help on how I can look after you better. Please bear with me in the meantime. All I am asking for is just your co-operation. I know you dun wanna behave like this either and that you are just feeling very uncomfortable with everything. Let us overcome this together ok? Please get better Ah Ma.


No comments:
Post a Comment