Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chapter 553 ~ 171209

Last week brought Ah Ma for her bloodtest cos this week going to see the renal doctor. But few hours after the bloodtest I received call from doctor saying that results not very good. Asked me if she has spoken to me about dialysis before. I said yes, but given Ah Ma's age and health, I wouldn't want her to suffer more. But I was told to pick up some medicine the next day to bring down her potassium.

Wed was the doctor's appointment and on Tuesday, we noticed that Ah Ma's feet a getting a little swollen which wasn't really a good sign. So anyway when we went in to see doctor, she said it's better to admit Ah Ma. Cos her kidneys really deteriorated and still seems very dehydrated. Numbers are just quite alarming. Urea was 27 at the last checkup and now number shoot up to 65. Sigh. I was actually kinda expecting that Ah Ma might be admitted prior to this. Hopefully this stay will improve her health a little. At least cure her cough and all that.

Haven't really cried since Ah Ma was admitted this time. Probably only teared after coming out from the doctor's office cos I just dun understand why Ah Ma must go through all these endless suffering. As of now, she doesn't even really respond when we talk to her, it's like.. sigh .. I dunno. But just now 二哥 msn me and asked what happened and I starting to cry. I really miss having my brothers around and also my 2nd sis-in-law. No one to discuss about Ah Ma's problems and so many adult decisions that I have to make. Doctor asked say if Ah Ma condition worsen, do we want to put her ICU where she sure gonna suffer more cos like they do everything to keep her alive (like with tubes and everything), but I said just let her be as comfortable as possible. Just dun let her suffer any further. I dunno if this is the right decision. I wish I have my brothers with me. I wish Ah Ma would become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment