I am really thankful to have alot of good friends in my life. Friends who never fail to make my day, friends who 不离不弃 and friends who accept me for who I am. It won't be fair to lump them all in 1 blog post. So I shall thank them individually.
I shall start with my best friend of 18 years.
Her name is Choong Li Lian, but I always call her Choong. Our first encounter was in Sec 3 when the teacher assigned us to sit next to each other. If I'm not wrong, my first reaction was "Huh! Sit next to her? Wah lau, she look so fierce lor." I bet her thoughts were similar to mine too. Haha. Anyway from that day onwards, we somehow managed to click and became tight buddies. My temper was terrible during my younger days and I am very amazed as to how she managed to tolerate me for so long. Choong was very tomboyish during school as she had short hair and she was also very chor loh. But she still had her fair share of admirers. I remember once, a few of us played truant and we were in Toa Payoh Mac studying and there's this bunch of boys who came over to approach her and asked for her number. As usual, she didn't give a hoot about them and only as a resort to get rid of them, she scribbled down a number. This in face is not hers, but 1 of our pager number. Yes lah, my time is pager can?! Anyway, whenever got people approach her, this is what she would do. She's just simply not keen in all these childish boys. The 2 of us have been through a lot of nonsense and adventures. The times when we were crazy over playing bumper cars (or rather I and Ms Gei Gao Ngan and not Choong) and I remember we shared a car and she was violently knocked out of the car by me! Not my fault la, it's the other car that hit me hence my butt knocked her out of the seat. I'm sure she will remember this incident for the rest of her life lor.
We used to talk on the phone everyday after school and even when we finished our O Levels, I even chose to go to JI cos that's where she is going cos I didn't want to be friendless. 3 years in JI and even though we made new friends, we were still tight.
Well, actually the bottom line of this post is actually to apologize to Choong. Hmm, I remember we were at Holland Village having dinner or something. Then she told me that she's dating this Mr Big Head. I have never liked this guy as I felt that he is not good enough for her given his past and everything. And I remember objecting violently when I know he's going to pursue her. So when she told me this news, I told her straight in the face "Then I guess this is the last time we will meet since you have made your choice" Yes. I ended our friendship. So for the next few months, I didn't call her and she also didn't call me. She knew my temper so I guess that's why she didn't call me. I really missed my friend but I was just too stubborn to call her because I just couldn't accept why she chose this guy over our friendship. Anyway, I think it was during my birthday or her birthday that Cass was asking if wanna meet up. I decided that it was enough and I couldn't lose her as a friend. I can't really recall what happened, but I think we met up near some pub or something then we started talking.
Hmmm .. this must have happened like dunno how many years back, but fast forward to now. Our friendship is still going strong. I was a bridesmaid during her wedding and we still meet up for gossips and shopping at least once a month. She's someone whom I can talk to with about almost everything.
Choong, thank you for everything and your wonderful friendship. I have never apologized for that incident and I hope you will forgive me. I also wanna thank you for not being as petty as me because you never gave me up as a friend for my dating preferences.
You're my best friend la!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment