Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chapter 605 ~ 290710

Was having this discussion with Choong the other day and we came to the topic of "Referral Fee". The reason for this is that I felt kind of bad because Fann was not given her share of this fee. It's true that eventually this business or rather the owner was very very fucked up, but I would say that it is not her (Fann's) fault. I mean obviously this is not something that she would have wanted to see happening. I don't know how to put this subject into exact polite words as I might end up offending others, but this is just my point of view. So here goes:

When someone introduce business to us and we promise to give the person referral fee as a way of thanks, we should honor our words, otherwise who would wanna refer business to us in future? By right, the practice should be once the referred person signs the contract, this referral fee should be prepared immediately to the referral as a way of saying thanks for the introduction. We shouldn't wait till we have finished the job then thank them. Because if we do, there will tend to be a lot of excuses coming up, like "the person you referred is very hard to please", "the project is not earning money at all", "we can't get the final payment from the owner, hence we can't pay you the referral fee". All these are not right. When the person refers someone over, they also can't guarantee that the referred will be a 100% saint. If that is the case, wouldn't everyone be afraid to refer? For fear of causing trouble to others and most importantly themselves? Like in the case of Daniel's project. The moment that the contract was signed, the cheque for the referral was prepared and it is not a small amount. But of course, I won't compare this amount with what Fann was suppose to get because of the difference in the contract sum. I am just comparing the way that things are being handled here.

Fann has never pestered for the fee as she felt rather bad about the whole fucker's incident as well, and I am also not chasing for this payment, as I know the admin won't pay and I also know this issue is long passed, but I just wish that sometimes people would show their appreciation. I just have an issue with the way certain things are being handled. I am no asking for an explanation nor asking for asking for something to be done, I just wanna voice out my opinion.

1 comment: