Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 09, 2011

Chapter 631 ~ 090511

Right, so I need to blog about this urgently while I still have this fire in me. Even though I have never really cared too much about the political scene here and all I know about Mr Chiam is that he has been holding on to Potong Pasir for as long as I know. Previously when I used to hang out with Alexius and we shared cab home, it would always be to his place at PP first then mine, and once or twice, I would hang out at his place. Then I also remember that there was a very shiok laksa stall there. And once we also hanged out at the St. Andrew bridge drinking beer in the wee hours of the night. These are my memories of PP. And after we have stopped hanging out with each other as often, I also never kept up with news about Mr Chiam.

During a month or 2 back, I happened to see a news about Mr Chiam on TV and it really shocked me to see a frail looking man with a head full of white hair hunching over. Whatever happened?! Later I found out that he had a stroke. Even though he seemed weak, but it did not stop him from still participating passionately in something he felt strongly about. He decided to step out of PP and contest in Bishan/Toa Payoh and he left PP for his wife Mrs Lina Chiam to run. And from then, I started to find out more about him and all the work that he has done for PP. Friends told me about how they didn't have to pay a single cent for their lift upgrading as it was paid by the SPP team. Poor folks who don't have money to pay for their maintenance didn't have to worry cos Mr Chiam will settle it on their behalf. And how Mr Chiam has been making PP such a lovely home for everyone for the past 27 years.

This year, even though he didn't win in his elections, I believe he still won. He has won the hearts and respect of a lot of Singaporeans whether they are staying in PP or not. And he definitely has won my heart too. Yesterday they held a petition in PP and luckily I was able to make it down with Bee to do out part and sign our name.

Mr Chiam is really something different and I so wish I could move to PP this instant to show him my support. My hero, My Idol Mr Chiam See Tong. Please take care of your health!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment