Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chapter 255 ~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Random thoughts .....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday ~ 26 July

Went home after work, gave grandma dinner. She finished her dinner about 8 and was going though her drawers and watching TV. Then about 9, I heard her remote control dropped and went in to check on her. Saw her hunched over and immediately went to hold her up. The moment I held on to her, she went limp in my arms. Called her, but there was no response even though her eyes were opened. Kept patting and calling for for like 1-2 mins, but still no response. Laid her to rest on the pillow and after a while, she sort of like gained consiousness. Asked her what's wrong and she said she was giddy. So I told her to lie down while I went to get her medicine. When I came back and helped her to sit up, she said she wanted to go toilet. So I helped her move along the bed, but the same thing happened again, she started to hunch down in the same position and went limp in my arms again. This time her eyes were slightly rolled back and that really sent me panicking. There was slight jerking in her arms and she started to like choke. I kept screaming "ah ma! ah ma!" But she just didn't respond to me. This time, it lasted for close to 5 mins. I put a pillow behind for her to lean back and immediately called David and cried. Told him something's wrong with my grandma and asked him to come up quickly. Within mins he was at my house and we pushed grandma down and called for an ambulance. Along the way, she vomitted at our corridor. By this time, grandma had gained consiousness again, but was very weak. Ambulance finally came (from Paya Lebar station! cos CGH no more ambulance) and only 1 person could follow, so I asked David to help me push the wheelchair back to my house. Thank goodness Errol was in SIN at this time and he met me at the A&E. He was also so worried about her that he nearly picked a fight with the hospital staff. Not long after Fann also came to meet us in the hospital. I was like trembeling and couldn't speak properly. We waited till nearly 12 before we could see her at the Observation Room. Then waited again for them to push her to the ward. By the time the docs came and all that about 1 plus close to 2. Finally after grandma slept then we left for home.

ETA : I was so hysterical when I called my brother that he couldn't make out a word I was saying and had to tell me to calm down first. Think this is the 1st time I ever cried so badly in front of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday ~ 29 July 2007

Received call from CGH in the morning that grandma could be discharged. Went to the hospital and asked the doctor about her CT scan and they said it was most probably a fit. Said a person will get a fit at least once in their lifetime. They didn't prescribe any medicine for that as they said it a first time and we'll monitor for 6 weeks on her progress. Finally could bring grandma home and let her rest properly at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment