Nuffnang

Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chapter 359 ~ I'm such a bitch

Today is only the 3rd day that Ah Ma has been back, but she had already fallen down again yesterday afternoon. Hong Hong said she probably wanted to use the commode, but when she stood up, suddenly got giddy spell and hence fell. Mom was outside, yet didn't even hear a thing at all. Even when Hong Hong took the mop and pail into the room, also never go and see what happened.

This morning after I changed Ah Ma's pampers, she said she stomach-ache and so I brought her to the toilet. Went back to the room and put on the pampers again, she said stomach pain again. So off to the toilet we went again and then back to the room. This process may seem simple for us able-bodied people, but for Ah Ma, it's very taxing and making her giddy spells even worse. Even after she sit up for about 5 mins, her whole body and head starts to sway and needs to lie down again.

At the hospital, things are different. They have the special bed whereby with a touch of the button, the back or leg gets lifted up. Nurses are tasked to monitor her every movement and change her diapers every 2 - 3 hours. They monitor the amount of food consumed every meal. They take temperature hourly.

I smsed my dad and told him to talk to the rest. It's high time he opened up his mouth.

I feel like such an unfilial bitch for thinking of putting my ah ma in a nursing home. But I know deep down it's really better for her. She gets to have the proper care. Even if I were to get a maid, it would still be taxing for her as we dun have the proper facilities at home. My heart hurts so bad and my tears can't stop falling. I just hate myself so much for having to do this. Will Ah Ma hate and blame me too?

No comments:

Post a Comment