Last wednesday was the 5th day since Ah Ma was unwell. I called up TTSH to check with the pharmacist how long the side effect would usually last before I should start to get worried. The stupid woman that picked up the phone really made my blood boil. After asking her my concerns, she replied my questions with "you slowly try to give her food till her food intake is same as before lor." I was like "that's not my question" "oh, you asking if she should go for her checkup right?" WTF! I was screaming and asking her if she understood what I was saying and if she didn't, then get someone else on the phone. Really freaking angry can. At last a pharmacist came to the phone and answered my question promptly. Side effect should last for at most 1 week and in the meantime, can let her drink Ensure Plus milk supplement if she still doesn't want to eat. Called home and told Roka. I was actually going for facial, but somehow I just didn't feel right as I didn't manage to see Ah Ma on Monday and Tuesday and sometime Roka abit blur when I ask her questions. Hence, I cancelled my facial and told Smelly that we not meeting also. I stopped at Whitesands to buy Mac to tempt Ah Ma to eat. Reached home and saw her sleeping so I told Roka I'll wake her up to eat after I changed. Roka said she managed to finish a packet of milk too. So after I changed, I went in to call Ah Ma. She didn't respond even though I kept calling and calling. She just like flicked her eyes open and shut it tight again. Then she just like held tight to Roka. Called again, then her eyes opened, but was not focusing on who's calling her at all. This got me really worried and I told Fann we better bring her to hospital cos it just doesn't feel right. Kept calling and calling her, but still unable to get any response or eye contacts from her. Then suddenly the only thing she said was "I want to die". Oh man. We immediately went to change and put her in the wheelchair to go down. Fann went down first to find a cab while we took the next lift. While in the lift, suddenly Ah Ma like slump in her seat and became so limp. I was like crying so hard already and just kept shouting for her to wake up, kept telling her to hang on and that we're going to the hospital. Cab came and the uncle was like saying why you all never call ambulance? I was like she suddenly became like this and we have no time to wait for an ambulance, do you want to fetch us or not? Luckily he agreed and rushed us there. While in the cab, I kept calling and calling her to prevent her from slipping into unconsiousness. Reached there and she was immediately pushed into the A&E. Due to the swine flu, only 1 person was allowed inside the area and the rest had to wait outside. I immediately smsed the rest and told them they better come down if they can. Ah Kor and Uncle Henry were the 1st to reach. Then Gerald and his gf. Then my dad. Then 3rd Uncle and his wife. We waited and waited for long time before Ah Ma was being pushed to the observation ward then we could take turns to go in to see her. Ah Kor went in first then about 10 mins later, she suddenly came crying out, but ran in wrong direction, then she finally ran towards us really gave us big shock. She ran to Uncle Henry and ask him faster go in and see Ah Ma. Wah lau, we really got big shock. I asked her what happened, then she said Ah Ma not responding to her at all. Haiz. I said yah, that was how she was behaving. Really really shocked us. After Uncle came out, then my dad went in, then my uncle, then his wife. I think all of them were pretty shocked with Ah Ma's behaviour cos none of them has ever experienced this reaction from her at all. After that they all went back first, while me and Fann stayed back to wait for Ah Ma to be pushed up to the ward. Then 4th uncle and his wife came. Doctor came and while pressing her stomach, said it might be her gall stones giving problem again and also UTI, but they would need to do tests and all that first before can confirm. While they tried to take blood, Ah Ma screamed so loud! 1st time that she actually screamed when taking taking blood. Even 4th uncle had to hold her hands down to prevent her from pushing away the doctor. Sigh. After she finally went to sleep then we went back.
The next day when we went to visit her, she was slightly better. At least when call her, she can respond and knows who is calling her. Friday and Saturday were her best days. She was pretty talkative and could respond well to whoever was talking to her. But yesterday she like back to first day again. Didn't open her eyes when we called and just didn't want to talk.
Told my brothers about her condition and also told them to fly back if they could and my 2nd sis-in-law christina called me on Saturday morning and said she's also very worried and told my brother die die also must come back. And the next minute I know, they are booked on the plane to arrive on Sunday morning. I really really appreciate my brother being able to drop his work and rush back with everyone. But yesterday when they went to see Ah Ma and couldn't get a response, I know they are pretty worried.
Today Ah Ma is slightly better. At least when I ask her who I am, she can say Jaime. Then this evening my brother and Christina went to visit also can't get a respond from her, but when I went up and woke her. She can say who I am and when I asked her if she wanted to see my brother cos he's downstairs, she nodded her head. I immediately told my brother to come up with me and I called her again and asked her who is he, she can say Gary. Then I asked if he has grown fatter, she said yes and laughed slightly. Then she drifted back to sleep. Then I asked her again if she wanted to see Christina, but she she no, she's tired. So I said, ok Christina will visit her tomorrow, she nodded her head again. Sigh. I think my brother was happy to see that at least she has responded a little.
Doctor has said that she actually had a stroke, but then there were not physical actions, hence we didn't even realise at all. Now she has to be tube feed till speech therapist accessed and see how her condition.
I am stopping work for the time being till she is at least discharged, otherwise I won't feel at ease at work either.
I really blamed myself t the hospital cos I felt that I was too harsh on her on Sunday when she didn't want to eat and I felt that maybe she was angry with me that's why she didn't want to talk to me when I called her. I really felt regret with my actions and if something had really happened to her, I wouldn't even have the chance to say sorry to her. But I made sure that when she felt better on Friday, I told her I was sorry and I gave her a big kiss when I left. I will make sure to give her a kiss whenever I'm going home after visiting. I just want her to get well, but I really dun want her to suffer anymore. Now her hands are so swollen from all that drip. Sigh. I also promised her that she must faster get well so that we will bring her for a holiday and to go on a cruise. I guess that's the very least I can do for her.
The next day when we went to visit her, she was slightly better. At least when call her, she can respond and knows who is calling her. Friday and Saturday were her best days. She was pretty talkative and could respond well to whoever was talking to her. But yesterday she like back to first day again. Didn't open her eyes when we called and just didn't want to talk.
Told my brothers about her condition and also told them to fly back if they could and my 2nd sis-in-law christina called me on Saturday morning and said she's also very worried and told my brother die die also must come back. And the next minute I know, they are booked on the plane to arrive on Sunday morning. I really really appreciate my brother being able to drop his work and rush back with everyone. But yesterday when they went to see Ah Ma and couldn't get a response, I know they are pretty worried.
Today Ah Ma is slightly better. At least when I ask her who I am, she can say Jaime. Then this evening my brother and Christina went to visit also can't get a respond from her, but when I went up and woke her. She can say who I am and when I asked her if she wanted to see my brother cos he's downstairs, she nodded her head. I immediately told my brother to come up with me and I called her again and asked her who is he, she can say Gary. Then I asked if he has grown fatter, she said yes and laughed slightly. Then she drifted back to sleep. Then I asked her again if she wanted to see Christina, but she she no, she's tired. So I said, ok Christina will visit her tomorrow, she nodded her head again. Sigh. I think my brother was happy to see that at least she has responded a little.
Doctor has said that she actually had a stroke, but then there were not physical actions, hence we didn't even realise at all. Now she has to be tube feed till speech therapist accessed and see how her condition.
I am stopping work for the time being till she is at least discharged, otherwise I won't feel at ease at work either.
I really blamed myself t the hospital cos I felt that I was too harsh on her on Sunday when she didn't want to eat and I felt that maybe she was angry with me that's why she didn't want to talk to me when I called her. I really felt regret with my actions and if something had really happened to her, I wouldn't even have the chance to say sorry to her. But I made sure that when she felt better on Friday, I told her I was sorry and I gave her a big kiss when I left. I will make sure to give her a kiss whenever I'm going home after visiting. I just want her to get well, but I really dun want her to suffer anymore. Now her hands are so swollen from all that drip. Sigh. I also promised her that she must faster get well so that we will bring her for a holiday and to go on a cruise. I guess that's the very least I can do for her.


No comments:
Post a Comment